Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Final Trip, 4 Days Left!!

Merhaba all!
Well, I've got 4 days left, and as little energy as always for this blog. Sorry I've done such a bad job with updates. Today, as usual, is mostly pictures and captions. But I'll be seeing most of you in less than a week so we can do the stories in person in AMERICA.
We got back from our last trip, to Amasra and Safranbolu, yesterday. Amasra is a small town on the Black Sea coast about 5 hours from Ankara and Safranbolu is a small Ottoman town on the way back. Before we got to Amasra we stopped in Cakraz, an even small beach town down the coast to go to the beach. Here's a hilarious picture of us at lunch, me and our teacher Nese:

After lunch, we explored for a bit and then swam. It was pretty cold and rough, but I've now swam in all of Turkey's seas, Black, Aegean, and the Mediterranean! Pretty cool setting too:



ARTSY PIC:
After Cakraz, we headed toward Amasra. Here's a view of the town from above:

It is a beautiful little town, with really interesting architecture:

The house on the right is the one we stayed in, so beautiful:

And the view from the backyard:

And another direction:


Here's the restaurant where we had dinner. It's pretty usual for restaurants in touristy areas to have various flags out front, but I've never seen the Confederacy:

This is the light up portrait of Ataturk that is on the Roman/Byzantine castle that overlooks the city:

This place is so beautiful:







After an entirely too short stay in Amasra, we headed the next day to Safranbolu. Here's the view of the famous old houses:


After the beautiful Black Sea, it was a little bit of a let down; not to much to see, aside from some really cool Ottoman mosques (but I'm really the only one into that kind of stuff hahaha):


And we got back last night. Bonus picture of the mosque by my house and the sun over Batikent:

So it's Wednesday night now. We have class tomorrow, final exam Friday morning, final party Friday night, and leave very early (flight at 6am) Sunday morning. I land in DC at 2pm Sunday, and hopefully will be in NC a few hours after. Doubt I'll post again, so to all those who have read, thanks for checking up on me, I apologize for not writing better or posting more often, and I truly cannot wait to see you. Love and miss you all, and I'll see you so soon!!
Clayton

No comments: