Thursday, July 23, 2009

Birthday Party!

Merhaba all!
First of all, thank you so much for all the birthday messages, it really means a lot; thanks for making me feel not 6000 miles away from home.
And I'm happy to report it was a GREAT birthday, completely exceeded all my expectations. The best part of course was the party my family hosted at our house. It was such a great night- everyone in the program, two of our teachers, and some other students' host families came. I'll just post the pictures because I think they speak for themselves. Enjoy!
First, this is my host mom Fatma getting things ready in the kitchen. She said this is the picture she liked best, even though she looks really serious in all of them for some reason; she's really not:

The garden, pre-party, with our teacher Nur in the foreground

Candles!
yeah, they wrote "Day Clayton" on the cake. ?????

Cutting the cake was a very big deal.

The intermediate class!

Hepimiz! With host mom and dad on the left.

Hope you all are doing well, and I can't wait to see you in less than 4 weeks!

No comments: